GLOBUS student days: Think global, act local?
University of Tübingen will hos a student event on climate justice and its consequences on 28 January 2020.
During this events, students will discuss climate justice and its consequences and the relationship between global and local actions on climate.
16:15 | Keynote speech
- Chukwumerije Okereke, Director of the Centre for Climate Change and Development in Nigeria and member of the IPCC
17:00 | Discussion and Q&A
17:30 | Ceremony for the best poster award
17:45 | Reception
18:15 Roundtable discussion
Chair: Thomas Diez, GLOBUS
- Silian Frische, FridaysforFuture
- Jessica Maudrich, myclimate Deutschland
- Boris Palmer, Mayor, Tübingen
- Thomas Potthast, International Center for Ethicsin the Sciences and Humanities
- Walter Schoefer, Stuttgart Airport
19:30 | End of programme
If you have any questions about this event, contact Thomas Diez
GLOBUS student days
This event is a part of the GLOBUS student days, a series of events that will take place at five of the GLOBUS partner universities throughout 2019 and 2020. The events will bring up questions about the EU's global role in the fields migration, climate change, trade and development, cooperation and conflict, and gender issues.
Upcoming events as well as event summaries will be posted on the event website in due time.