Postponed! GLOBUS panels at the 2020 EUIA conference
This event has been postponed to prevent spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). GLOBUS researchers will organise two panels at the 2020 EUIA conference in Brussels on 27-29 May 2020.
The European Union in International Affairs Conference
Assessing the EU's Capacity to Act
27-29 May 2020, Brussels, Belgium
Organiseres: The Institute for European Studies at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (IES-VUB), the Institut d’Études Européennes at the Université Libre de Bruxelles (IEE-ULB), the United Nations University Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies (UNU-CRIS), Egmont – the Royal Institute for International Relations and the University of Warwick.
Panel 342: Justice and the European Union's capacity as a global actor
- Helene Sjursen, ARENA, 'Changing conceptions of multilateralism in the EU's external policies'
- Ben Tonra and Nikola Tomic, University College Dublin, 'Assessing the EU's capacity to act in conflict resolution: A global political justice perspective'
- Sonia Lucarelli, Michela Ceccorulli and Enrico Fassi, University of Bologna and Catholic University of Milan, 'The external dimension of the EU migration governance: Perspectives of justice'
- Tomas Diez and Franz von Lucke, University of Tübingen, 'Principled pragmatism in climate policy? The EU and changing practices of climate justice'
Discussant: Richard Whitman, University of Kent
Panel 345: Practitioners roundtable: The European Union and global justice
Chairs: Helene Sjursen, ARENA Centre for European Studies and Ben Tonra, University College Dublin
- Sir Robert Cooper, Special Advisor for Myanmar, European Commission
- Marie Cross, Institute for International and European Affairs (Dublin) and former Ireland PSC Ambassador
- Alexander Kmentt, Kings College London and former Austria PSC Ambassador
- Ambassador Mara Marinaki, Principal Advisor on Gender, EEAS (tbc)